I have a a cloud software project where I have an existing workflow that needs to be replaced with a new one. The current workflow has statuses of A,B,C,R and the new workflow has statuses of A,B,C,D,E. When I go to publish the new workflow I'm only given options to map statuses of R. My problem is that I want the issues that are in status A in the current workflow to be in status D of the new workflow, not in status A. Is there not a way in the publishing step to have it display all the statuses in the current workflow and let me map them to wherever I want, it seems like it only is displaying statuses in current workflow that don't have the same name in the new workflow.
Do I have to modify the currently workflow and add a status Z and then transition all of my status A issues into status Z then during publishing Map status Z in current workflow to status A in the new workflow?
Thanks,
Jay