Has the term backlog been renamed 'List' or am I just not finding it?
Hi Jim,
I’m sure where you’re looking for the term backlog. Generally this is associated with your various boards. For instance with a scrum board you have an active sprint view and a backlog of you. For kanban projects you have a kanban view and a backlog of you.
can you share more information about where you are seeing “list“? Maybe a screenshot would be best.
@Jim Stewart you are working on Jira Work Management and not on Jira Software.These kind of projects have a different template that Jira software. That's why you couldn't find the backlog. These kind of projects do not have a backlog.
So either you start a new software project, or you could still use the existing one, without the use of a backlog.
Ok, I found it in my list of projects. But here's the weird thing. Somehow I stumbled into what appears to be a template for an HR business project, something I'd never seen before. I was in the wrong place. Is that a new thing? This is what I saw. It's moot now but just curious.
BTW, the Timeline option only shows up in that project. I really want that in my other ones. I'm running sprints but want to see the big picture.
Unfortunately you can't create sprints in a work management project.
Yes, I hadn't been in my instance for a while and so it prompted me when I logged in about Jira Work Management. I hadn't heard of that. Is that new? Something I could read on that?
Also, I do need a backlog but as mentioned in another response, really like the timeline feature. Is that available in the standard cloud instance either as roadmap or add-on or something?
Jira work management is the old jira core, enhanced with new features such as forms, lists etc. You can read more:
Jira software comes with roadmaps and you can activate it from project settings. In software there is tons of addons to choose from, like "structure" (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1217809/structure-gantt-planning-at-scale) , which is very powerful tool.
Alex
Thanks. I guess that'll come down to whether the roadmap (found it) is sufficient or if I need something more powerful.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.