Dear All,
I am new to Jira administration and would like to create a new automation. The core of the automation is quite straightforward: when all sub-tasks are put in any kind of "green" status (eg. Closed or Resolved), the Parent should get the same status automatically.
However I would like to include a "Confirmation screen" where the person who closes the last sub-task can confirm that the parent ticket also will be automatically closed. This is necessary in order to avoid closing a parent ticket accidentally (eg. when some work was not included in sub-tasks).
I would like to solve this with automation, but I see no such feature that allows me to add in such a screen or notification.
Is there a better way to implement this?
What I already tried but found no good solution:
- add in a validator to the transitions to "green" statuses - but this applies to all ticket types, not just sub-tasks
Thank you in advance for your help!