Is it possible to display the issue status in the backlog? I'm referring to the actual backlog where sprints are managed, not the board/card view.
In CMP yes as the image below illustrates.
Well…community is acting up again and not let me post an image. I will try to do so in a bit. In the meantime if you just go to board settings in a CMP scrum board you will be presented with two options one for backlog and one for active sprint.
Hi @David
Jack gave you the information which are helpful for this case.@Jack Brickeylet me help out with the screenshot :-)
Taken from a company-managed project using a scrum board.
Cheers,Daniel
I am not talking about adding fields to the card view on the board. I'm talking about show the issue status in the backlog view. Below is the screen I'm referring to.
@David , so if you click on the… In the top right corner of your image what are you presented with? You should be able to go to board settings and select Card Layout Where are you will be presented with a screen like the one Daniel shared. In that screen you can add up to three fields to your backlog view and those fields will be displayed on the backlog line items.
Awesome. This has been right in front of my face this whole time and I never realized it. Thought it only applied to the board view.
Thanks guys!
I'm very frustrated by this. I have an older project from another company where a see the dropdown box with the status in this view, and its very insightful. But the newer project from my company looks like your screen, and the status dropbox is missing. I think you even came up with the same 'fix' by applying card colouring to still be able to sort of indicate the status
Below 2 screenshots: the top project is newer and does not have the status dropdown. I can't seem to enable it just like the bottom older project has it
@Jango Hemmes , I wonder if you need to post a new question if you are seeking assistance?
I just published this Chrome Extension to help with this, it does require setting up the extra fields: Jira Backlog Status - Chrome Web Store (google.com)
Just catching up on this thread after encountering the same problem. I realised it was a difference between Team-based and Company-managed. But come on Atlasssian, this must be an easy fix to add the drop down to the Issue? Its so much better than having to double the Issue real estate by being forced to add it as a card field.
Thanks.
Hi @efroim102 !
This Chrome extesion is working pretty fine.
Also did try to use in Edge browser and it's working good.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.