hi! i'm trying to get this post function to work and it doesn't seem to be doing what i need it to do. using this notification scheme to fire upon a open ticket being created. i need it to email the sender (outside of Jira) when the ticket is created.
this is where i need to configure the notification scheme. what would i select if i need it to notify someone outside of jira?
I would use an automation to notify an external user instead of using a post function/notification scheme. The automation is not limited to only be able to send emails to internal users (access to Jira). Have a look at the automation library and the playground, https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/automation-template-library#/
Hi! Thanks so much for the reply! If I can't use Automation, is there still a way to notify an external user with post functions?
Sorry, I meant a notification scheme
Only Jira users via that method. Non-Jira users are possible via automation.
Solved, didn't realise I had automation. Thank you!!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.