I am currently setting up JSM and adding all the custom fields that we need for service requests. The problem I am finding is that I need different fields available for this issue type depending on the request type that would be selected. That's simple enough in the customer portal and agent views as you can simply hide the fields that aren't needed but if you use the Create button in the Jira Project UI then people are displayed every field I have created for the service request issue type. Is there a way of sorting or hiding the fields so that when you select the JSM Project and then the relevant request type it filters out all the fields that are applied to that request type? The only thing I can think of is to have lots of different issue types but then I think that is going to be complicated to maintain?
This is why you need to instruct the agents to use Raise a request rather than the create button.
Thanks for your response Jack. Where us the Raise a Request button in Jira?
It is in the sidebar of each JSM project. It directs the agent to the portal request screen where they can choose the request type and set the reporter to the appropriate customer if desired.
In your Service Project, the 'Raise a request' button is at the top of the left column, underneath Queues
This will open up your customer service portal, which is where you can create all sorts of forms for different projects and ideas.
To help you with "I need different fields available for this issue type depending on the request type that would be selected."
each request type is its own form on the help center.
each Request type Form, can have its own custom fields and automations to what happens to them after the form is filled out.
you can automate each form to route to its own end project.
for example,
you have 4 request types:
IT Help,
Purchase something.
File a bug with Engineering
Other..
You can set up IT help to stay in the help center (JSM)
Purchase, workflow with approval process.
File Bug, sent to engineering project
Other, can generate an email to HR/Operations for general questions..
There are countless ways to automate and customize this.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.