I've read other similar questions here and the solution seems to be - give them permission to browse projects. I have gone as far as giving permission to "anyone on the internet" and they can still not tag other users. What do I do?
Hi @Samuel Justus
the user who tries to mention somebody must be in group jira-developers to make sure it works - from my understanding this is the only group which is able to "Browse Users and Groups" which is needed to do the mention.
Additionally the user who is to be mentioned needs to have Browse permission on the relevant project - this seems to be the case as (for a test?) you now allowed everyone (even anonymous users) to browse the project.So my main question is: the user who wants to do the mention - is this user in group 'jira-developers'?
Regards,Daniel
By “tag” do you mean “mention”, I assume so. Can you share screenshots of:
what happens when you try to mention someone? Are you able to set the Assignee to someone that you are trying to mention?
I (admin) am able to mention users, but there are other users who are not able to. I've also added these users to a group that has had the permission, but it still isn't working
@Jack Brickey any advice?
Assuming you have admin permissions, can you check the global browse users and groups setting? You can find this here…
<your site>.atlassian.net/secure/admin/GlobalPermissions!default.jspa
@Daniel Ebers I added another group, and that worked. I guess I need to allow it at admin level and not just project level.
Thanks!
Hi all,
I was reviewing the answer of @Daniel Ebers but we have the following situation.
In our instance have a custom group and it has been added in the "Browse Users and Groups" . However, the users are not able to tag others in tickets.
Should we include the users from our custom group to be in be in group jira-developers or there is some other solution?
Thank you in advance!
Hi @Magdalena Zhisheva
putting them into "Browse Users and Groups" is a perfect first step.There should not be missing much.Can they tag absolutely nobody or only some people?
The only thing that I could imagine being still missing then is that the people that should be tagged/mentioned are not able to see the issue - basically they can only be mentioned if they can see the issue afterwards as per their permissions.
Could you please check and confirm they have at least "browse permission" for the project in question?
Hi @Daniel Ebers
Thank you for your reply!
The problem here was that we need this group to have access to one project only. However, we were able to limit the access and when assigned them a developers role permission, and added them to browse group and users permissions, everything seems to be fine now.
BR,
Magdalena
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.