Hello
Is it possible to fill a field with text with automation? In the first screen when you do create issue.So for example: Create >> user story
And that there is already standard text in the description field.
Before I activate create
No this is not possible as stated, i.e. before the create. There is no default value for the description field like there might be with other fields. You can obviously use automation after the create to populate the description field. Shruti illustrates a means of doing this.
Hi @Eric Roetenberg
If I understand your requirement clearly then yes, its possible to populate default text in particular field by using automation .
Please find the below screenshot .When rule run ,testing text will populate by default .
@shruti gupta
thanks for your response, This only works if you create the issue first, and then open it again and I want to see this on the first screen
HI @Eric Roetenberg
Yes , this will only work on the edit screen.
I have searched and found one similar to your query
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Default-text-for-Description-field-on-Jira-Cloud/qaq-p/785597#M282928
I hope this will resolve your issue .
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.