Is it possible to check if certain fields in the task are required?So that without completing them it would not be possible to save the task?
Sure. There are two places where fields can be set to required: field configuration and in the workflow transitions using Validators and Conditions. So you want to check both of these locations. One of the questions that will drive where do you need to look yes regarding when I feel might be required in its workflow lifecycle. Does this make sense?
@Jack Brickey 's answer applies if you are using a Company Managed project. Are you using such, or is it a Team Managed project? It will say at the bottom of the navigation pane on the left.
Team Managed project
So far I have not found any documentation that discusses specifically how to make a field in a Team Managed project required. I suspect the only way to do it is to use the Workflow Transition Rules and use the Check An Issue's Field rule.
However, I don't work much with Team Managed projects, so maybe there is another method available.
There is an open suggestion for this - As a user, I want to have the ability to customize required fields
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.