Hello Atlassian Community,
I have the following question and hope to find some help with you guys
Firstofall, I am using Insight (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1212137/insight-asset-management?hosting=datacenter&tab=overview) and Jira Service Desk for this question
Problem:
I created an issue type called "Car restauration" and this issue type has a custom field called: "Change motor" which is a radio button with two options:
1.) "Buy new motor"
2.) "Take motor from warehouse"
Apart from that, I have an insight object, which is called Warehouse and has an integer value called:
"Current inventory"
I would like to do the following now:
Whenever a user creates or updates the issue type "Car restauration" and picks the option 2.) "Take motor from warehouse" that the integer value from "Current inventory" gets reduced by one.
Example:
User creates "Car restauration"-issue type and selects "Take motor from warehouse", then the value of the "Current inventory" which would have a value of "10" before the operation, now has a value of "9".
Steps, I have taken:
I tried to do it with Insight´s automation, but the problem is I cannot access both the Jira issue type and the Insight object at the same time.
Any solution to this question is welcomed, does not necessarily have to be with automation.
Thank you very much in advance for your help!