We have been using JIRA for a little while now and would like to understand if what we are doing is the most the effective way to use it
We have a product that is made up of 2 components (Component A and Component
. These components can be released independently to customers. Some clients may use Component A but not B
Each of the components has it's own Bitbucket repository.
A User Story (US) may require changes to 1 or more components.
We currently have a single US that covers all components.
Is this the best way to do it or should we have a US for each Component
I tried to automate the transition of the US from In Progress to Awaiting Review based on the being a pull request raised. I have the Components configured in JIRA but they are not linked in anyway to the Bitbucket repositories.
When a pull request is raised for Component A it moved the issue to Awaiting Review even though there are Changes to Component B pending and not ready to Pull yet. I know why but I am not sure how I can automate correctly
Fix Version. Should I uniquely identify the Fix version to the component. We may do a release where the components have different versions.
Currently we are developing 1.0.00
I can see in a year Comp A could be on 1.1.05 and Comp B could be on 1.1.10
Should the versions be A1.1.05 and B1.1.10
If not then the Fix version should contain (1.1.05 and 1.1.10) how do I link this back to the version in the Repo?
Can someone point me to a best practice guide.
Thanks
Ron