Hi we have our project setup (PMMSS) in Jira and Confluence. We are now looking for the best way to set up pages/dashboards/spaces for a restricted group of people (our internal team, not for everyone).
What is the best practice for doing this?
Hi @Sandra Lawrence ,
If you need to set that only a specific group can access Jira Project and Confluence Space, then the permission scheme can do this.
If you need to make more detailed classification, for example, a certain issue is visible to certain users/user groups, and certain pages are visible to certain users/user groups, then you need to further set Jira's Issues security scheme and Confluence page restrictions.
Ollie - thanks so much for this clarification! I believe your answer "...certain pages are visible to certain users/user groups, then you need to further set Jira's Issues security scheme and Confluence page restrictions" is what we need to do. I have another question for you : where can I learn to set Jira's issues security scheme and learn more about the Confluence page restrictions?
Ollie - the research I have found speaks to setting these security scheme's at a project level, not on how to do it within a certain space or page...that is my question. Thanks
Ollie - any more details or where I can go to make utilize your answer "...certain pages are visible to certain users/user groups, then you need to further set Jira's Issues security scheme and Confluence page restrictions" Would appreciate any links or resources (youtube even) to help me figure out these 2 particular solution sets.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.