I am new to my company and am in the process of developing out a PMO for our various business needs. That being said, our current process for recording, tracking, reviewing, decisioning, and actioning project requests is clunky. Current process is as follows;
1) log ticket with Service Now and assign to the PMO
2) PMO receives Service Now ticket and enters request into sharepoint (with sharepoint acting as our parking lot)
3) once a requested project is approved it is moved into Jira Software project with all appropriate information
I wish to reduce the amount of copying and pasting and to exclude Sharepoint entirely from the process. What is the best project type board to do this? I would want a backlog to be used as a parking lot, and I will build a custom workflow for the project approval process.
What is the best project type for this?