I have a number of Epics that belong to different projects/delivery teams and to a number of Initiatives.
I want to create filter that returns all the Epics that are children of those initiatives. Again, as they belong to different projects I lose the ability to use that in the filter. Also, I need it dynamic. I want to avoid using a static list in (initiative_2, initiative_2,...). Also, I want to avoid using labels, as those can be changed easily and issue creators may forget to label new issues.
My idea is to have:
Filter_1 = ListOfInitiatives
Filter_2 = issueType = Epic AND parentLink in ([Filter_1])
Search: filter = Filter_2
I have seen some threads that mention a couple of add-ons to accomplish what I need. Is there a way to do it with the core product, no add-ons?
Should we just get an admin to add a custom field and make it mandatory?