I have a task that I need to automate, when the deadline is reached, I want to move the card to a certain frame. I didn't find anything ready in the automation part. I also didn't find what looks for the deadline in smart values.
Hi @Wiliam Joaquim
have you thought about a scheduled automation rule? Look for overdue issues with a JQL search and let it execute once a day for example and let the returned issue be transitioned to a different status or whatever else you want to do with it.
Best, Max
Hi William,
You can use Automation for Jira with a Scheduled trigger that runs each day. When the due date (or whatever date field you are using) hits today's date, it will execute the action.
Sorry, I'm new to this world of Jira, could you give me a better example of how I could automate this rule?
Which JQL expression would you use? I didn't find it in the documentation.
Here's some more information to help get you started:
There are two types of automation:
Automation Basics: https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/guides/expand-jira/automation
You can do this via global rules to apply to all projects also. You'll need to be a Jira Admin/Site Admin, go to Jira Settings > System > Automation Rules (left-hand menu).
For more on using Automation For Jira see these help pages.
Jira Automation Template Library to help get you started quickly:
https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/automation-template-library#/labels/all/customLabelId/1453
Do you use the Due Date field in issues? If yes, simply use the JQL query "duedate < now()" for the overdue part. I would also reduce it further to only target specific projects. If you want to dive deeper into JQL and how to search for issues I recommend the following links:
thanks, it worked perfectly
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.