Use case: I have a ticket assigned to me. Now I need to reassign it to someone in my customer (organisation) list. How do I do this?
You can’t set the Assignee to a customer. You would need to make them an agent.
"Assign" a ticket simply means making clear who has the responsibility for the next steps. JSM makes that clear to a customer with the "Waiting for Customer" status.
The Assignee field is for licensed agents only, and then, by default, only people in the "Service Desk Team" project role. You don't need or want to have customers in this field, because they don't need or have to know your service management processes and procedures.
Thank you for this.
However, I do need to escalate/raise the issue to external entity (supplier) which is not a jira user. Is there any workaround? or any other way I can manage this kind of usecase?
How I've worked around this is use the "Approvals" feature:
This way, they will get a "Notify approvers" email when a issue is "assigned" to them. If you don't use approvals otherwise, you can customise the text to outline this process. Hope that helps!
Hi Jack,
Can we reassign a ticket to the customer/initiator if they are a licensed user without making them an agent?
Thanks.
No you cannot. Only agents can be assigned to JSM issues.
This might not be what you are looking for but you could simply share the ticket with the customer (using the "Share with" option) and then update the workflow transition to be available.
By doing that you can give the customer the ability to transition the ticket (i.e. close it or move it to the next workflow transition). They can't do anything else though, except add comments.
Notifications could be handled via an automation rule.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.