I am attempting to integrate Jira Service Management with OpsGenie. I've created system level webhooks in Jira to interact with OpsGenie when an issue is created in a specific project. The webhook works for items when they are created, but not when they are updated. Since we have automation that provides valuable information to a ticket following its creation, this results in those fields being empty in the alert.
I have set these system level webhooks to trigger on both create and update. I've also set them on create alone as well as update alone. In all cases, only the create delivers (or at least registers) something to OpsGenie.
I also attempted to use automation to engage with OpsGenie, leveraging the OpsGenie webhook API key in the Send Web Request action, but these have yet to register in OpsGenie. This latter approach leads me to believe that the system level webhooks are triggering on updates, but not being recognized by OpsGenie. However, I have no evidence of this.
Ultimately, I need to be able to pass information from issues when certain fields have been populated, such as the responsible portfolio.