I am trying to set up a workflow post-function for a custom field. The Googles suggest using JIRA Suite Utility for the solution, but as the admin, I can't enable the JSU add-on!
Please Help!
Screen Shot 2016-12-19 at 12.20.01 PM.png
@Chris Fuller and @Dave Meyer have a great Answer and Comment on this thread: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/44081096
Chris – I know we are in the process of absorbing all the functionality of the previously separate JIRA Miscellaneous Workflow Extensions (JMWE) plugin functionality into JIRA itself and/or connect plugins and that something similar is expected to happen for JIRA Suite Utilities (JSU) at some point, but I don't think it is supposed to be disabled for you yet.There is a knowledge base article about the JMWE changes in particular here:https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/jira-miscellaneous-workflow-extensions-jmwe-removal-from-jira-cloud-815262011.htmlI don't see anything that explicit about JSU, but it should be a similar story... eventually. I will ping some people that I would expect to know more about it to see if they can't fill in the bits that I don't know.(It may just be that the plugin just failed to start for some completely unrelated reason and disabled itself, in which case it would make sense to contact our Support folks to get it sorted out.)
Chris –
I know we are in the process of absorbing all the functionality of the previously separate JIRA Miscellaneous Workflow Extensions (JMWE) plugin functionality into JIRA itself and/or connect plugins and that something similar is expected to happen for JIRA Suite Utilities (JSU) at some point, but I don't think it is supposed to be disabled for you yet.
There is a knowledge base article about the JMWE changes in particular here:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/jira-miscellaneous-workflow-extensions-jmwe-removal-from-jira-cloud-815262011.html
I don't see anything that explicit about JSU, but it should be a similar story... eventually. I will ping some people that I would expect to know more about it to see if they can't fill in the bits that I don't know.
(It may just be that the plugin just failed to start for some completely unrelated reason and disabled itself, in which case it would make sense to contact our Support folks to get it sorted out.)
Dave – Hi Sam Hall,I'm product manager leading the team that worked on integrated JIRA Suite Utilities. We have already replaced all conditions and validators supplied by JIRA Suite Utilities with native implementations in JIRA, including:Field Required ValidatorDate Comparison ValidatorDate Window ValidatorField has single value validatorRegular expression validatorField value conditionUser in custom field conditionPlease let me know if I'm missing anything We are still relying on the JIRA Suite Utilities plugin to support the transition tab for customers currently using it (and we do plan to fix this bug when we integrate it). However, we are also thinking about how we can supply this information in a more sophisticated way on the view issue page.We are still evaluating usage of the custom fields (currently very low) with regard to whether or not we want to support these in the long term.Dave MeyerSenior Product Manager, JIRA
Dave –
Hi Sam Hall,
I'm product manager leading the team that worked on integrated JIRA Suite Utilities. We have already replaced all conditions and validators supplied by JIRA Suite Utilities with native implementations in JIRA, including:
Please let me know if I'm missing anything
We are still relying on the JIRA Suite Utilities plugin to support the transition tab for customers currently using it (and we do plan to fix this bug when we integrate it). However, we are also thinking about how we can supply this information in a more sophisticated way on the view issue page.
We are still evaluating usage of the custom fields (currently very low) with regard to whether or not we want to support these in the long term.
Dave Meyer
Senior Product Manager, JIRA
It's done from the Atlassian account you used to get the Cloud system.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.