Team...I am currently moving some group projects into one company (classic) project. When I create the company project a workflow scheme was also created. As I am testing the different request types (which have different WFs) I notice that if I change a status...it also change it in the other WFs in the project. I believe this as to be associated with the scheme but not sure how to keep this screwing up the whole project. the 3 request types effected are circled...please advise. thank you in advance
Statuses are global. So if you change for example, “Done” to “Complete” it changes the name every “Done” is currently used.
Can you please provide more information/screen images for what you are doing when you "change a status"?
in this workflow if I change "pending" to "Waiting for customer" it changes the other WFs in the group with "waiting for customer"
Jack..you mean if i change a status in a WF in one project ...it changes all status to the edited value?
What Jack said! If you ever want to change a Status in a workflow, make sure to add the new Status to the workflow, then swap the old with the new status.
🔴 Don't ever rename a Status unless you're 1000% sure this is what is truly needed. JQL queries and lots of places in Jira search for statuses based on name and will break if a Status is renamed.
If you change the Name of the status in one workflow, yes, it changes the name for that status in every workflow that uses that status (for Company Managed projects).
Yep, what Jack and Dave said. Changing the name of a status within the workflow of a Company Managed project changes that status's name in every workflow in which it is used.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.