I am system administrator for our Jira environment and still I am unable to add a new watcher to a Jira issue. Any ideas?
Hi @Ignacio C
Welcome to the Community!
Have you tried the Permission Helper to see if it assists?
Regards,
Liam
Hey @Ignacio C and welcome!
Like @Liam Green suggests it probably has to do with the permissions on the project. Just because you are a system admin for the environment that doesn't mean you have permissions on all the projects.
I suggest to go in to your project settings and verify the permisisons:
Especially the Manage watchers one would be a good one to look at.
Ok, there was something wrong. Despite I myself created the project I was not listed in the People list. I added myself to the People under Administrator role and now I can manage watchers.
Thank both for the lead!
Thanks, @Liam Green . I am listed as not having Manage Watchers permissions. But being both system administrator and project administrator, should I have that permission? Am I missing anything?
Thanks in advance
I am project administrator for this project and I belong to the project role Administators, which is listed as being able to Manage Watchers.
Being a project and system admin doesn't automatically give you every permission.
If you go into the permission scheme you can add yourself / your role to the Manage Watcher permission.
If you need some help with permissions then this link should help.
No problem @Ignacio C
Feel free to accept both our answers if we helped
Hello Dirk,
It seems the feature to add watchers is broken or not working in cloud version for quite a while. I have checked and tried all options.
User is in the group manage watchers , view voters and watchers , has browse project permissions and I even added the user to specific project as Administrator.
When I click add watcher and select user the count of watcher increases but as soon as it is refreshed the added user disappears and count again comes back to earlier. Even start watching this issue link seems to have bug as clicking on it keeps going on and on.
Can someone help its really annoyingto see a simple provide feature doesn't work and our 100s of users are frust
Can someone revert on issue on why my user is not able to add watcher
User is part of group which has Manage watcher permission and is administrator. I tried to add the user as single user as well for manager watchers still the issue is not resolved.
Permission helper showing all green tick. Can someone from Jira support help here as its been couple of weeks without any update
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.