Hi There,
I thought this answer must exist but I cannot find anything that helps me via searching.
I am on JSM Cloud and I want to know if we can use e.g. smart values, or some variable values when writing "reply to customer" comments on issues.
What I specifically want to do is include e.g. the issue description as a footer of the comment, or include the last comment body text, or possibly the full comment history.
I am aware of smart value options like:
{{issue.description}}
{{#issue.comments.reverse.body}} 2Comment by: {{author.displayName}} at: {{created}} 3{{body}} 4{{/}}
However, I tried inserting these into a comment and this doesn't work to input the field contents. I only get the text printed as is above.
It seems like I can't use smart values or variables in the comment box itself. Is this true?
One option would be to modify the templates for each notification. But it may be that depending on the comment being sent we want to include different text fields (i.e. not always the description if you've been sending multiple comments back and forth already, and the whole comment history may get very long). So I'm not sure this option exactly addresses our needs.
Thanks in advance for any insights.
STeph