Dear Communinty!
I would like to share the Project with external users in a free version of the Jira Cloud. Is it possible and how to set up the permissions?
Hi @Nikita Chernovalov
Unfortunately, editing a project permission is not possible in the free plan. The only option available here is to upgrade your license to the next tier.
Regards.
@Ismael Jimoh thank you for your answer. I have taken a trial and now researching how I can manage user access to projects. Mine are Company-Managed, and I want to restrict some users from seeing and accessing all the projects, and only specific projects which I want them to use,
In this case, I would recommend using groups and roles in the permission scheme.
You can create groups and add users to these groups. You can then add these groups to specific roles in a project( you can also add individual users to roles within the project settings page).
Lastly, you can adjust your project permission for each project ensuring that they only allows members of specific roles or groups have the browse project permission.
Read a bit more about this here:
Please note that this considers that users consume licenses. For allowing users access the application see application access section in the first link shared.
Regards
Thank you so much, Ismael!
Hi @Nikita Chernovalov ,
I am afraid to tell you that it is not possible to share the Jira project with external users in the free version of the Jira Cloud.
There are some third party add-ons that could help you pull this off. I would like to suggest one such third party add-on, Secure Share for Jira, that allows you to share your Jira issues to external users with ease.
You could raise a ticket here or contact us on info@xecurify.com
Thanks,Mahima
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.