I'm looking at the instructions on this page:
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/import-issues/
This says, "You can import issues into your Jira Cloud site. We recommend using this process to import data from third-party tools. " and then says what it overwrites. But I am not clear if it overwrites EVERYTHING.
I want to take a Jira cloud instance, export a project, and then import the issues into a new project in a different cloud instance. For example, let's say I'm migrating a project. The project exists in a source instance:
SOURCE: https://CompanyONE.atlassian.net/jira/software/projects/SOMEPROJECT/
and I'm migrating to/creating a new project on another server:
TARGET: https://CompanyTWO.atlassian.net/jira/software/projects/SOMEPROJECT
This document says, "Importing entities.xml and activeobjects.xml will overwrite the database in your Jira Cloud site. Importing the attachments, avatars, or logos files will overwrite any existing attachments, avatars, or logos in your Jira Cloud site, respectively."
Does this overwrite EVERTHING on the server?
Or can I import the Issues from one project I've exported one project into a new project?