We are in the process of migrating a bunch of projects from Jira Server to Cloud. In Server my board query might simply be project = "project name" ORDER BY Rank ASC. Over the course of many years, this project has 32,437 issues of which 28,949 are Resolved. My board loads just fine in Jira Cloud with the issues that are still open. I did not have to adjust the query at all. Many other projects we migrated work fine.
I have 3 projects that are giving me the "Too many issues to load..." error. If I run the query in Jira Server, it's the same scenario - many thousands of issues over many years of work and the majority are closed. For some reason these 3 projects seem to be trying to load everything.
I tried re-writing the query so that is would ignore issues that were Done or Won't Fix and part of a closed sprint but it left out issues that were carried to the current sprint and closed there. Bummer.
Has anyone had this experience when migrating? Am I missing a checkbox somewhere?