Hi team,
I am really a bit confused by following paragraph from Atlassian documentation, please also see the attached screenshot:
"Many Scrum teams separate estimation—used for measuring the size of a backlog and calculating velocity—from tracking—often the burndown of hours used during the sprint to make sure that they are on track to complete the stories during the sprint period—and use different units for each. A common approach is to estimate tasks in story points, then track tasks using hours. Jira Software gives you the flexibility to set your estimation and tracking statistics differently, depending on what best suits your team."

Maybe it's because English is not my first language, I don't know.
So my question is:
Is the thought here really that teams estimate first in the backlog with storypoints and then estimate again in the sprint with time and then track time. I mean, if I want to track time, then I must have estimated it beforehand, or is there a conversion from story points to time that I don't know about?
That is really confusing me.
Thank you very much for your help.
Cheers!