I'm doing migrating tests. Each iteration I build a json file from an old external system, import using the System's External System Import option, examine the project and then delete it.
During each import new custom fields are created but these are not deleted when the project is. This means I now have 50+ copies of each custom field - that is, with the same name! (Making options like the Issue Layout window unworkable.)
How, during import, can I not create a new custom field but rather use an existing one? I've tried including the ID of an existing field but this seems not to work.
How can I delete ALL custom fields when I delete the project? (How can I delete the many unwanted custom fields I now have?).
I have found references to this issue going back many years but no definite solution and with hints of work to come. Is this now possible?
Many thanks
Bryan