I have an account on Jira and I have org and site admin for our organisation. I set up the org with one email address, lets say me@olddomain.com, and I wanted to change the email address to a new address, lets say me@newdomain.com. Initially I was not able to find how to do this so I invited a user, using the email address me@newdomain.com. I logged in as me@newdomain.com and now on my project I have two accounts for me, me@oldDOmain.com and me@newdomain.com. I have subsequently found how to change the email address of me@olddomain.com to me@newdomain.com but the system will not allow me to do this with the following message
Your email change request could not be processed because me@newdomain.com is already associated with another Atlassian account.
I want to delete the me@newdomain.com account completely, and change the email address of my original account to me@newdomain.com but Im not finding this easy.
The new account has no issues associated and has done nothing in Jira except accept logged and and accept the invitation.
I have actually done this with 2 accounts. Help appreciated