I am looking to do round robin assignment using Automation Lite for Jira or possibly Scriptrunner for Jira Server 8.13
I set up a general role that holds all assignees for round robin assignment. I also set up user roles representing skillsets. Assignees may be in more than one "skillset" role.
- Current State
- Using Automation Lite, I set up a master timed job that runs every 11 minutes and checks the assign user column to see if there are any tickets ready for assignment
- Any tickets in the column are updated round robin from the "General Role"
- I then have 13 different "skillset" jobs running every 5 minutes checking that same column to see if the user is assigned to the respective "skillset" role which is based off of a custom skillset field.
- If there is a match, it moves it into the assigned column and the user gets a notification
- If the user is not a match, it does nothing and waits for the 11 minute job to reassign it.
- This continues until a match is found.
The 11 minute and 5 minute rules work well. The issue is that when a match is not found, instead of returning back to the user that wasn't a match, it moves on to the next person. This means a lot of people are getting skipped and people with more skillsets are getting more assignments.
Any idea how I can solve for this? I also tried balanced workload but it did not seem to do anything and seemed to assign the same people over and over for some reason.