Hi Everyone,
We are in the process of refining our Groups in Jira admin and I've been researching online best practices, but have had no luck finding what I need. I'm hoping the Atlassian Community can help.
The reason we are refining our Groups is because we are wanting to open up Jira projects to visible to more people in our organization while at the same time limiting some visibility for some projects (through using schemes).
We have some people who want to set-up the groups similar to below:
* Role
* Role - Country
* Role - Country - State
* Role - Country - State - City
or
* Department
* Department - Country
* Department - Country - State
* Department - Country - State - City
So most people will be in five groups (default is jira-users) and we'd have to have permission schemes to accommodate the different role/department, country, state, and city of each group. That in itself gives me a headache.
The argument for doing this is that they feel people in some areas should have access to projects in only those areas. But of course, our projects span many geographic areas (we have almost 30 locations in 15 countries).
What I'm interested in is how other organizations have set-up their groups and if there are any best practices resources.
Thank you!