Hi I'm trying to create bulk of issues, using file upload in postman and getting this error.I can import/ export manually so permission thing is out of question.I am getting error saying"the issue doesn't exist or I dont' have a permission?The URL I'm using is https://url/rest/api/latest/issue/Proect- id/attachments
Hi Saba, welcome the the Atlassian Communinty!
Can you clarify what you're trying to do exactly? Are you trying to add attachments?
The proper endpoint would be /rest/api/3/issue/{issueIdOrKey}/attachments. You shouldn't use project id. Attachments are added to individual issues o use the issue id instead.
Hi @Saba Ghani
The end point is /rest/api/3/issue and method should be POST with the correct JSON body.
This page has details.
How are you planning to create issues in bulk? You will have to write a script in your favourite programming language to do that and read the issues' data from somewhere like a csv file or another tool.
For attachments you will have to do make another rest call when the issue is created.
I hope it helps.
Ravi
With postman you can actually loop over a csv So I'm assuming Saba is doing that.
But indeed, I think the endpoint is not right.
Aw- Thanks I have got your point and resolved my issue in postman.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.