Last week the feature was still available. Atlassian seems to have updated JIRA and now the feature is gone?!
I just noticed this as well. I've had 5 emails come in first this this morning about it from staff. We relied on this feature heavily for QA and creating stories. We are on the Cloud version. There was an update this weekend because many of the issue type icons have changed.
I just submitted a ticket for this. I'll keep you posted based on what I hear.
We have the same problem unfortunately.
Hey guys...all set.
It's as simple as ctrl+v (paste) on the issue details page. See below...
Hello,
Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Cloud Support. The error you are running into is actually a new feature that was just released for JIRA cloud. Sorry for the confusion this has caused as the documentation was not updated to reflect this and the new feature was not added to the release summery page.
The attach Image option in the drop-down menu was merged with the attach File option for the browse for file option, and the Past screenshot to a ticket was added to the issue View screen directly. This is intended to reduce the number of steps necessary to attach screenshots to a page.
The steps are now:Attaching a Screenshot via File picker:
Attaching Screenshot from clipboard:
Additionally I am Working on updating the Documentation now to reflect this new feature, and again sorry for the confusion this has caused.
Regards,Earl
Have you tried that? Unfortunately, those instructions did not work for me.
It actually did work from me.
I did the following
1) Took a screenshot of my second monitor with "ctrl + alt + prnt screen"
2) Clicked somewhere on the ticket just to make sure it was the "active" window
3) Did ctrl + v and it pasted it with the name "image - date time stamp"
Thank you! I think the key was to click somewhere to make sure it was the "active" window. I was just able to add a screenshot.
I was very sad when I saw that the "Attach Screenshot" action/dialog was gone. I understand that you can paste directly in to the issue details screen. However, the paste feature has several disadvantages when compared to the Attach Screenshot dialog...
I would understand if the paste feature was added in addition to the "Attach Screenshot" feature, but why was the Attach Screenshot dialog removed? It was, and still would be, a great feature!
Lastly, where is the best place to submit a suggestion to Atlassian to bring back the Attach Screenshot dialog/action?
Thanks for the feedback Justin. You have a fair point regarding the inability to paste images to issues via the Kanban board, sorry about that! I'll bring this to the attention of the development team involved.
It's a lot easier, but not intuitive we can attach a screenshot at any time.
@Justin Holzer if you want to raise the feature request yourself you can go to jira.atlassian.com and raise it tehre.
Additional Note to the Above comment, the documentation has been updated to reflect the changes: - https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRACLOUD/Attaching+a+Screenshot
Also Please be aware of the following - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-44946
Thanks @Earl McCutcheon. I have submitted a separate request to restore the ability to attach screenshots from a Kanban or Scrum board, which is not possible under the new functionality. https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-44954
Thanks @Robert Massaioli. I've submitted a feature request to restore the ability to attach screenshots from the Kanban and Scrum board views. https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-44954
It is alot easier/faster - but how do we rename the screenshot? I often reference the screenshots by their name in the ticket....
Currently, you can't. An issue has been raised to allow for renaming attachments: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-44958
someone bet me to it, the above ticket is a duplicate of https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-44946
The new feature is nice, but I must have the auto rename screenshot back.
Now with the new updated version JIRA v7.0.0-OD-02-247, i must save the screenshot with a desired name on my local computer before i can upload it on Jira. This process takes so much more time for me.
I need to have the old feature back, or maybe a mix of both work if possible.
See my comments here
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-44958
I've found that the ONLY way I can paste in an attachment is to open the ticket, click the attachments area, then paste. My teams are really missing the ability to attach a screenshot from the Agile board. This method is more time consuming (and frustrating).
@Judy Fearn I've submitted a feature request to restore the ability to attach screenshots from Agile board views. You should go vote for it! https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-44954
Tanks for fixing!
Renaming is now fixed! So is the old feature of "Attach a screenshot" under "More" menu. Thanks guys, quick response!
Does this work for Firefox? This only seems to be working in Internet Explorer for me.
Using the latest JIRA software/service desk and only works in Internet Explorer. Some user's Internet Explorer doesn't even work.
What are the system/browser requirements to use this feature?
Notes - I have disabled pop-up blocker and made sure it is a trusted site. Still not working.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.