I tried to migrate my 50 user, commercial licensed, JIRA server to my 50 user, trial licensed, JIRA cloud as a mock migration to work out what's required for an actual migration. But at the end I got this error. Now I have lost all usability of my JIRA cloud instance.
image2016-6-2 14:3:33.png
Steps I followed:-
- Backup JIRA data
- Compress $jira_home/data/attachments
- Compress $jira_home/data/avatars
- Compress $jira_home/logos
- Upload to Jira cloud using a webdav client (i used Cyberduck)
- Complete Import cloud wizard
- Enable outgoing mail
Some points:
- My compressed directories are in tar format.
- My JIRA backup is in ZIP format.
- During the import at the point where I was asked to give logos archive name, I had to leave it blank as during my previous attempt, the page denied my logos.tar file. This was an empty archive as I had nothing inside $jira_home/logos directory.
Can anybody explain to me;
- How to get my JIRA cloud instance back to a working state? I understand I had lost all previous data. I don't care about the previous data, I just want to retry the import.
- Has anyone done this before? If so, could you please guide me through the process?
Thanks in advance.
~ Mike