I have a user that had his email changed and he inadvertently set up a second account in Jira (with the same User Name and new email address). We want to update his current account which has all the history and is set up correctly linking him to the appropriate tickets, groups, etc. with the new email address and delete the new account.
I tried deactivating his newest account and pushing the "request for change" with the new email address in his current Jira account via the Admin panel. But when he accepted the changes he received an email that his email address could not be updated because it is linked to another Jira account even though I just deactivated it.
Does anyone have a workaround that will allow me to use his new email address (now linked to a deactivated Jira account) with his current Jira account (with his old email adress)?
Please advise.
Thank you in advance!