I am trying to change the title on one of our workflow transitions buttons using the jira.i18n.title property. The workflow is ignoring the property and my button is not being renamed. Have I configured it incorrectly? Are there additional properties I need to set? Here is what I have configured on the transition:
Instructions from the associated JIRA issue
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-6798?focusedCommentId=58521&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-58521
Open the jar file atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/lib/language_<language code>_<country code>.jarIn that jar edit the file \com\atlassian\jira\web\action\JiraWebActionSupport_<language code>_<country code>.propertiesAdd the translation to the file, for example:provideinfo.title = This is a test translation Make sure you remember the key you used. Save the file.Restart JiraGoto your workflow in Jira (Administration -> Global Settings -> Workflow)Click on the transition you would like to translateClick on View properties of this transitionAdd the property:Key = jira.i18n.titleValue = <key of the translation>Activate the workflowRepeat steps for each transition and language
provideinfo.title = This is a test translation
Hi Jeanne,
To rename the workflow, please make the workflow inactive by unassigning it from associated workflow scheme and then rename and then add it back to workflow scheme.
Regards
Chander
Chander, I do not want to rename the workflow, I want to rename one of the workflow buttons.
Sure,
Do the following, edit the workflow
edit-mode-workflow.PNG
Select the transition you want to update and click on edit next to Delete transition from above figure
update-transition-name.PNG
I would follow Chander's steps; using Properties is for translating workflow objects like transitions, not for changing the core name.
Perhaps I am not explaining my self. I have a transition that I have named Return to To Do. I need to leave the name of the transition as-is, but I want the button to say To Do (not Return to To Do). I should be able to do this using the transition property jira.i18n.title.
After adding the property to the transition, the button name is not changed as expected.
I'll try to explain how to use the properties in a new Answer. Can you explore the concept you're trying to achieve? I'm just trying to make sure I understand.
I am having this same issue. Adding a jira.i18n.title key to a transition does nothing in my Core 7.3.0 install. Is this a known bug that is not being fixed?
I believe that Steven's response was accurate at the time in 2016.
With JIRA 7.3 and higher, the location of this plugin is no longer under the installation folder. Instead this exists now in the [JIRAHOME]/plugins/installed-plugins/ folder.
Also the properties file could be in a slightly different path of that .jar file now. For example in the JIRA 7.4.x version this file exists in the path of /com/pyxis/greenhopper/jira/actions/BoardAction_de_DE.properties for the German translation.
But otherwise I was able to follow the rest of the instructions. I saved this file back to the folder, zip the contents, rename this to a .jar, replace the translation jar, and restart JIRA to make this work in JIRA 7.3/7.4 versions
Thanks!
Hi Jeanne Howe,
Did you get solution for this?
I also have the same requirement.
Thanks
Prop Key Prop Value
jira.i18n.submit sd.workflow.itsupport.v2.transition.resolve.this.issue.submit
I have a solution for those on CLOUD and using Service Desk (or applies to any project I suppose). Originally I copied the Jira Default Workflow, and same as everyone here, found no matter what I did, "START PROGRESS" was the transition [button] from Status A to Status B (where Status A is the first status after your create transition).
Looking at properties on that transition you see this:
Simply delete jira.i18n.title that contains startprogress.title, and problem resolved. From there you should only see the name of your transition. The directions above are for hosted Jira and not cloud.
Cheers Cloud folks.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.