I am using Jira Software project as a kind of 'questionnaire'. The questions are grouped into Epics, and the individual questions are Tasks. Most questions require a Yes/No response and I have set-up a custom field (checkbox) for that. There are a few questions that require unique custom fields, for example a checkbox with 10 unique options, or a question with a multi-select dropdown.
I want to assign ex. TASK-123 a custom field so that the end user can select all that apply, and then move that Task to done. I don't want this custom field to appear in all Issues in my project, so I think creating a new screen for Issue Type doesn't work, because all of the questions are set-up as tasks.
I don't want to use forms or the task management template - it's important to stick with a Jira Software project.
Would be great to know if this is even possible. Thanks for any ideas.