I don't know if I'm asking in the right forum. when posting a question I'm given the choice of:
* Jira Service Management (Cloud)
* Jira Software (Cloud)
I selected the second, not knowing what either of these are. I use Jira to track issues
Now my question: I need to reorganise my issues. I want to convert some of the issues into "sub-tasks" of other issues but I don't find a way to do it. I've read here:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/configuring-sub-tasks-938847874.html
that sub-tasks have to be enabled and for my project they are. I've also read here:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracoreserver073/creating-issues-and-sub-tasks-861257329.html#CreatingaSub-Task-converting
that I can can convert an issue by:
- Select More > Convert to Issue.
but when I open my issue there is no "More" link anywhere. I do find an ellipsis at the top right of the window that shows a menu when I click it but the menu does not show a "Convert to issue" item
my issue does not have any sub-tasks of its own (I've read elsewhere that issues with sub-tasks cannot be converted to a sub-task) so I don't know why I cannot do this
I don't know why things have to be so difficult. please help.