I am operating a blog in Confluence with a small number of subscribers so they can be notified of changes. I am also operating a Service Management system with limited users. Those users submit tickets by email. Recently one of those users needed to be a subscriber to the blog but as soon as I added them to Confluence they weren't able to post tickets by email. The log said they don't have access. My conclusion is that the system is matching their email address to the Confluence account first, and *that* user does not have access to Service Management. Is that correct?
Interestingly I have the same situation with another user but they were added to Confluence first and then became a Service Management customer and they can still post tickets. This makes me think it is a first-match problem with the email address.
Any advice would be appreciated.