Where or what is the field I can found the new hierarchy link? Like the Epic link.
Currently I have my roadmap all setup but when I look at my Initiave level and above, I can't see the link except if I'm in the road map view.
Thanks for your help
Hi @Sébastien Bigras
Issue types at a higher level of hierarchy than epic will be stored in a project, but you can't use them outside of Advanced Roadmaps. You can see them as issues but they won't associate in a normal Jira project.
It might not seem intuitive but it's to do with the way Portfolio was built before it was acquired by Atlassian and changed into Advanced Roadmaps.
Jira projects still work based on the 3 levels of hierarchy, epic - task (story/bug etc.) - sub-task.
Hi @Stuart Capel - London ,
Thanks for your answer. If I understood it well, all Issue type Higher than Epic, I will not see what are the issue link to them except if I'm in the roadmap?
But this link is somewhere in the data base we should be able to create a custom field to see it, don't you think?
Ah right - So you are looking for the 'issue link' I think. The Epic link is hierarchical but issue links are not. 'Issue Links' such as 'relates to' and 'blocks' will show up as dependencies in Advanced roadmap, and it is a field you can bring into your issue screen, it's a standard field.
When I use the word associate I mean there is no relationship between Epics that are grouped up in an Initiative for example when in a Jira Project. The hierarchy only exists in the UI of Advanced Roadmaps.
Good now I understand.
How do you manage to track your initiative then?
Just with the view in Advanced Roadmap?
Thanks @Stuart Capel - London
Yes, I mainly use Advanced Roadmap view but it's the only way to work at a higher level than in a Jira project
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.