Currently, when a customer emails a request to the Service Desk email account, it is created and Issue Type of "Service Request",.. how do I change this so the Issue Type is created as "Incident"?
So to change the Issuetype means you need to break the association with the Request Type. Unfortunately you cannot edit the RT to change the IT. You will need to create a new RT and choose Incident for the IT then associate the RT to the email channel.
Thanks,..
I can create a new RT under "Incidents" and call it "Email", as this this is free format, specify the fields in the form etc,.. associating the new RT to the email channel is what is where I'm stumped.
Project settings > email requests then click on ellipses in upper right
I can probably fudge it with an Automation Rule and can of course change manually! I guess I'm being greedy as only want to use the email feature [currently] for customers to raise Incidents, although would prefer them to use Portal.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.