Hi all,
I am developing plugins for jira cloud. When I try to share a link to another, the other client cannot open that link with query string. It gets an error "Something's gone wrong Our team has been notified. If the problem persists, please contact Atlassian Support. ERROR:<span> </span>CJ8G6B Reload page".
ERROR:<span> </span>CJ8G6B
https://mesutcan.atlassian.net/plugins/servlet/ac/com.obss.plugin.time-in-status/time-in-status?parameterSet=97c20ec6-d43f-4e1b-894e-d16d1c47549f
What is the reason of that? Thank you for your time.
That code doesn't really tell us, the end user, anything. It's actually a tag for Atlassian to say "this error has occurred for this set of Cloud systems (it could be just your system, it could have happend on others too)". It's a bit more clever than just "look for this code in the logs ", but that's essentially all it is - a tag for collecting information about the problem from all the various places you might want to look in the back end.
For us, it just enables Atlassian to quickly locate what went wrong, and potentially tell you what they're doing about it, or what has been fixed and possible outcomes, without having to go and ask the support people for all the potentially affected clients who ask about it.
So, while the error message tells us nothing, there are two things you can do - first, retry, as Atlassian may have fixed it by now. Second, report it to Atlassian as a support call and see what they say.
@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- thank you for your response, actually I was expecting Jira to redirect to login page if the user is not logged in, but it gets 401 error and not redirecting.
That does not seem to have anything to do with what you asked about earlier.
@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- I think it does. I have the same problem. Then someone tries to open my plugin from the direct link, "Something's gone wrong" message appears instead of login page. And it doesn't matter, if plugin page doesn't have "user_is_logged_in" condition in the plugin descriptor.
I can try it yourself. Just open any Jira cloud plugin, then copy its url, log off (or just use incognito mode of your browser) and try to use copied url.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.