Hi,
I was creating Jira issue by using direct html link to prepopulate some fields and I wanted to fill the reporter field with the current user. I tried making reporter=currentuser but it doesn't work. Instead it shows the following error and fills the field with the string currentuser.
the link looks like this: <a id="issue" href="https://jira-trial.atlassian.net/secure/CreateIssueDetails!init.jspa?pid=10001&issuetype=10001&reporter=currentuser&summary=testing"> create issue </a>
I would appreciate your help!!
Hi @Mikiyas Mohammed Welcome to Atlassian Community!
You have to put username of the repoter, currentuser doesn't work.
To have the reporter field default to the currently logged in user, the user must be logged in and must not have the Modify Reporter permission.
Modify Reporter
Thanks!
Hi @Vikrant Yadav
I wanted to have the reporter field default to the currently logged in user. But if I didn't specify it in the html link it will not fill it.
Hi @Mikiyas Mohammed Have you checked Modify Reporter permission ?
try to remove modify reporter permissions then check.
If you are JIRA admin then remove Administrator role or group jira-adminstrators from Modify Reporter permission.
Thanks
Hi @Vikrant Yadav , I am with the exact same issue with @Mikiyas Mohammed . Do you mean
1. Do not specify the reporter in the URL
2. Change Administrator role to Member or Viewer on the Project Settings > Access page
One of the ways i was able to get this to auto populate with the user was to remove reporter from a copied screen and then apply this screen to the Create issue of the screen scheme. When the ticket was created, it auto-populated the reporter
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.