When importing a CSV file into an OnDemand version of Jira, how do I include story points along with my issues? During the "field mapping" stage, there is no "Story Points" target field in the list.
Have you created Story points as a custom field?
Yes, and the custom field is visible in our various screens.
I ended up just importing story points through a comment body field and manually assigning them to each imported story. Brutal, but I couldn't find any other way as Story Points was not included in the list of available fields (for mapping purposes).
Two things that you must have in order to show Story Points in the Import window:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AGILE/How+do+I+configure+the+Story+Points+field+to+be+displayed+in+my+Scrum+board
I can't see my Story Points field in the Issue Detail ViewCustom fields in JIRA (story points is a custom field) can be configured with a context that restricts it's usage to certain projects and/or issue types. To check this, please go to Administration >> Custom Fields. Look out for the Available Context(s) column.By default the Story Points field is only configured for Epic and Story issue types. So if you have a board with Story and Bug issue types, you won't be able to see the Story Points field for all bugs in that board.
This got me 95% of the way there. I also needed to make sure that the field was associated to both the Bug screen and the Issue screen for my project. You can do that from the JIRA Administration >> Issues >> Custom Fields view mentioned above. Find the Story Points field, and from the gear dropdown menu, choose Screens. Set the field as Selected for the screens in your project.
November 2017 and this feature is still not implemented...
I don't know where you're looking, as Cloud has been able to import Story Points since it started.
Please, try again, you're missing something.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.