How can I add a rule that restricts an issue to be moved to "In Progress" status without Original Estimated field filled?
The case here is that I do NOT want a user to start working on issue if he has not estimated it.
Hi @Aleksei Katrich
You can use the workflow validator - "Field required" instead of an automation rule for this use case.
@Fazila Ashraf I am not sure that will work in my case. "Field Required" is something that does not allow you to finish issue creation. I am looking for something related to issue transition through the workflow.
I am not referring to make the field mandatory across the ticket using the field configuration scheme.
I am referring to the usage of validators in the workflow transition that would make the field mandatory only during the status change.
If you have access to edit the workflow, try editing the transition and look for the option.
@Fazila Ashraf how can I do this? Could you plz remind steps on this?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.