The pricing page says the Free edition has "Customizable workflows".
https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/pricing
Yet after creating a site and signing in I see no mention of workflows in the UI.
Where is it?
Thanks, Kirk
They are admin objects, you create them under Admin -> Issues -> workflows.
Most of us do not do that though, we create (classic or company managed) projects, which generate a workflow to get you started with, and then dive into editing that.
Hi @Kirk Kuykendall
adding to what Nic said please also find here documentation about the workflows in Jira.
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/work-with-issue-workflows/
Please be noted that there are differences on how workflows work in "team-managed projects" in opposite to "company-managed projects".When being new to Jira those terms may look overwhelming when having to learn a lot from scratch so please take your time and also familiarize with those terms.This page gives a good introduction and highlights the differences:
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/what-are-team-managed-and-company-managed-projects/
Regards,Daniel
I am having the same issue as Kirk. I am the admin for my org, I installed. I am using a Jira software project for a software development project, and I am using team-managed business projects. But in the team-managed business projects, there is no Admin -> Issues -> workflows
Any help would be appreciated.
Workflows in Team-managed and Company-manged projects are currently very very different things.
Atlassian are trying to converge the editors for them (i.e. make "edit workflow" look the same, even though the underlying data is totally different), but it is a long path.
In a TMP, you'll need to look at configuring each issue type differently, they don't use the workflows CMPs do.
I appreciate the insight. All the documentation I found refers specifically to workflows. I just need to be pointed to reference I can follow. Right now I've clicked on everything I can with no luck. Any links to something specific?
To save yourself some time researching how to get to the Edit Workflow feature in team-managed business projects, follow these steps:
In project settings, go to Issue Types, then, in the top middle of the issue types screen, click the Edit Workflow button.
Thanks to @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- for putting me on the right path.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.