Simply trying to assign any new service desk issues to whoever is on call .
am I missing something ?
JSM does not have any concept of “on call“. Whereas Opsgenie does. There are possible options for you to set something up like this in JSM. For example you might be able to use automation to assign to a specific person based on the time of day or the day of the week the issue was raised. However this is rather static and would require your schedule to either be static or you would have to adjust the rule as your on call agents are defined.
Much appreciate the quick reply .
The automation as you described it is indeed my last resort .
But just to make sure I understand ,as I do have OpsGenie and I can see the on-call from ops-genie inside my JSM pages I still cannot pull the on-call value from ops-genie and use that in assigning the owner, correct ?
To be fair while I do have an use Opsgenie for a more specific scenario I don’t really incorporate it with JSM so I may not be the best resource to give you the best answer. With that said, I seem to recall seeing on how the JSM ticket could be assigned to the same agent as the on-call opsgenie ticket. I would suggest using the search bar in the community here to see if you can find any post that speaks to this. Or hopefully someone else will chime in here with direct experience on the same.
Will do that .Thanks again for helping out , much appreciated .
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.