I want to remove issue link from issue A, so I can create after that new issue link with another issue(B)(replacement)
the goal is :
to replace the issue A with issue B
Hi @Nouf.Alshabanat
Could you elaborate the problem you are facing in doing so?
You can delete the issue link from the ticket and link it to the other ticket from UI? Are you seeing any errors?
I want to remove the issuelink from the workflow(groovy)
Hi Nouf,
We will definitely need EXACT steps that you are wanting to accomplish. I think you are wanting to use some type of automation or process in a workflow transition to remove a link on an issue. And then possibly add a new link based on some type of information. But all of your comments are very vague.
Automation for Jira could very well do what you need to do, but we must have more information.
I try the automation rule it works very well but unfortunately it's work only with admin permission
thank you @John Funk
the idea is to update the exist issue that is linked already to the issue, with new issue
unfortunately, there is no update method to do this for me , I think to do this is to remove the exist then create again to the new issue
(in workflow script runner(by groovy))
the steps:
step1:
check for issues that are link to [x issue name type]
step2:
If there some issue that is link to x, remove it then create new issue link with the new issue,
if the result of step1 is null? create link directly
@John Funk @Fazila Ashraf
I just check this documentation and I found this
void removeIssueLink(IssueLink issueLink, ApplicationUser remoteUser)
issueLink
remoteUser
<a href="http://download.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/lang/IllegalArgumentException.html?is-external=true" title="class or interface in java.lang" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer">IllegalArgumentException</a>
but what does they mean by <strong>issueLink</strong>?
<strong>issueLink</strong>?
https://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/7.2.8/com/atlassian/jira/issue/link/IssueLinkManager.html#removeIssueLink-com.atlassian.jira.issue.link.IssueLink-com.atlassian.jira.user.ApplicationUser-
issueLink is the field that contains the linkage.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.