It would be useful to know where the customer sent the request from because I have set up the portal groups by identifying the various modules of the platform, eg. "Backoffice" "App Guest", "App Administrator"
thanks in advance for your help
Have you tried clicking the History button next to the Comments button?
There is no way to easily determine Portal group that an issue was raised from. However if you aren’t duplicating request types across groups then you can determine based on the request type which group it came from.
Hi, yes I have already tried but there is only this info:
created the IssueMay 25, 2021, 5:16 PM
Hi, the problem is I want to use the same type request on multiple portal groups, for example:
Understood. Unfortunately you won’t be able to determine which group issue was raised from in that case. There may be some add on that provides a means of doing this but I am unfamiliar with them.
I misunderstood, I thought you wanted to know the original request type after someone changed it.
Anyway, as @Jack Brickey said, there is no tracking that I know of for this.
The work around I suggest is to create a custom field where the user selects the group they are in, such as Backoffice, App guest and the like. This could be a Radial button that is required before the form is submitted.
If it's the same request type but different groups, I don't know how this could be automated even with the few 3rd party apps I have used/tried.
Have the same issue. Instead of having 1 "Report bug" issue and then attaching it to 5 different groups and getting some info back which portal was picked when bug has been registered, it seems I have to create 5 identical bug forms for each group.
Thanks for the answer @Jack Brickey
However, I don't understand the logic behind it. Why there's a "grouping" or "filtering" feature while it actually doesn't exist? What are the use cases of "Portal Groups" then?
This indeed sounds like the only answer.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.