Hello,
I want to capture through Automation, how much comments an issue has?
Is it possible to get a number as output for Advance Compare Condition in Jira Automation.
Thanks for help in advance.
Bhavin Acharya.
Hi @Bhavin Acharya
You can use {{issue.comments.size}} and for detailed reference please visit Smart values - lists
{{issue.comments.size}}
The above should is the answer here.
Thanks @Mohamed Adel .
Thanks @Mohamed Adel
How did you create the automation? It worked?
Hi,
Can anyone explain how to run the automation rule above?
If possible step by step please.
I want to count the total of all comments in a certain Service Management project.
Is this not possible through the 'Reports' via Jira?
Thanks for your help!
Kind regards,
Mattice Dossche
@Mattice Dossche I don't believe Jira allows you to do math expressions within the Filters so I am currently using a free app called "Sum Up Reports" to actually do the math for that sort of thing. You could also export all of the issues to an Excel file and then sum the total value from the field counting the number of comments on each issue.
For example what you want to do to start (assuming you haven't done anything yet):
Thanks for this I've managed to setup the rule for new tickets but I'm stuck on this step for old tickets. Can you add a screenshot of your example please.
Thanks
Anil.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.