We are trying to use Jira Automation (in Jira Cloud) to set the reporter field based on part of the body of the email.
For example, when part of the body of a request is "#reporter jsmith" (where jsmith is a username of a user different than the one sending the email), it should adjust the Reporter value. We have a similar need to do this with #assignee, as well.
This allows our service desk to submit tickets on behalf of other users without having to manually change the reporter after sending the request.
I've been trying a lot of different things, but haven't had success yet. I am thinking this may be because of the conversion from username -> user ID.
Here is an example of something I tried:
{
"update": {
"reporter": {
"set": {{issue.description.match("(?i).*#reporter\s*(.*)").asJsonObject("id")}}
}
}
}
I would love some feedback on the best way to do this, or to let me know if this isn't even possible.
Thanks!