We use a single project for all of our work with a custom field (on all issue types from Initiative down to Sub-task) to identify each agile team. Boards are all built off that custom field and I have Plans are built off of those boards for each agile team. That works great except for the case where an Initiative includes work from multiple agile teams. In that case, the initiative only shows up in the plan that has that specific agile team custom field set on the initiative. As a workaround, I added initiatives for all the agile teams to all of their board filters but now all the initiatives show up for all teams in the team-specific plans.
I've been trying to figure out a way to write a filter that would include only relevant, cross-team initiatives but I don't think there's enough coffee in North America for me to figure that out on a Friday morning. Can anyone help with how I might do that?
TIA!
-Kathy